Obtaining an Indian tourist visa and making multiple trips to India, or staying there for extended periods of time, has recently become more difficult. Have the new visa regulations affected you in any way? Let other readers know about it here. (Please note, do not ask for advice about Indian visas here. It's a page for sharing Indian visa issues only). Share Your Visa Issues
Cox and Kings Visa Experience
- Their website is so complicated, no one understand it. They call me and asked me to send more documents, I told her which one could you tell me. She was very rude telling me go check on website. first of all what I didn't understand what she was saying. she was talking so fast with accent and didn't care if I understood her or not. I tried to call them again same horrible experience. They make you feel so stupid when you ask them any question. No customer service at all. shame on them.
- —Guest Mina
Never more disappointed or frustrated
- I sent my application following all the rules and instructions. But my application came back using my return fedex envelop with a piece of paper , that piece of paper is some one else's visa application, scribbled with very unreadable , full of spelling mistakes , saying something wrong and missing. Even wrong and missing misspelled. What a shame. I called all the numbers in every website to find out what I am missing and what is wrong I have my phone statement to show that I would have called at-least a hundred times with no one to answers.
I have no idea what to do I cannot afford to send my visa application to go to India through a company that provides for $200 fee.
I am an US citizen from India, who cried with frustration about how to deal with this simple issue of getting a visa to visit my family. This kind of issue I never faced before when I visited most countries in the entire world.
I even thought I would never want to go back there just because of some incompetent idiots.
Almost 2 years.
- I submitted my application in January 2013 to travel in May 2013, and I am still awaiting approval/refusal of a visa. I was asked to send in extra documentation, an extra fee and letter from my employer, as well as details of my grandparents place of birth, which happens to be India! You can't get hold of anyone, it's impossible. It's disgusting how they treat people who want to visit their country.
- —Guest Nightmare
Getting Indian visa from Sri Lanka?
- I have lived in India for 1 year travelling back to the UK every 6 months to renew my visa. This time I am in Sri Lanka to renew but can only get 3 months? Yet my German friend got 6months? This is very common for the British does anyone know why?
- —Guest Lynn uk
9 Months and no reply
- Applied for visa in Dec. 2013, and it is now October 2014. No response from either BLS, CKGS or the Indian Embassy. Getting the run around from all directions. The websites are a joke...no records found and all the phone numbers listed have recordings on ALL THE TIME. What a shame...
- —Guest Fed Up
Getting new passport
- Cox & Kings could not process a visa in 2 months, could not return a requested Passport return in 3 weeks. Tomorrow I go to USA passport services to report passport stolen by Cox & Kings and get mine replaced at a large cost and time. India you don't want or need tourists or you would never use these idiots. Told many times to wait told it was requested to send, but to send is not sent.
- —Guest Lou
- Three weeks to get Indian Visa ... CKGS saved us $$!! Hotel stay in India for Ten Days saved $1100, Two airline tickets $2400 and $2000 for Gifts, sightseeing, merchandise food etc.
Instead we drove to Toronto had a blast and will do it again next year.
- —Guest Saved Money
What a Joke
- Why can't Indians do anything in a simple way. It is like a national disease! The Indian Embassy is a shame to all Indians.
This outfit that is servicing visas fits right into the INDIAN CULTURE. No repose! No way to call some one!
- —Guest Bommaraju
Re-Issue OCI on new US Passport
- I applied to BLS India with a few together with my cancelled US and Indian Passports and OCI card in May,2014. Till date, I haven't heard anything from BLS or CKGS and I want to travel India soon. Can anyone help on this? Thanks.
- —Guest Moses
No update on OCI appl for 3 months
- I had a rough time dealing with BLS and I thought that CKGS was selected by the Indian Embassy to address those issues. Looks like they are even worse and are completely incapable of doing their job. There is no response or update and phone calls to their Wash DC center don't go through. How do we convey this message to the Indian Embassy or the concerned authorities? With all this talk from the new govt on effective governance, I hope that they do something to remove these incompetent agencies who probably bribed their way to secure this contract from the previous govt.
- —Guest Sharad Gupta
Visa Given - Not for my Holiday though?
- I know how pedantic the Indian authorities can be from my application 2 years ago, hence this year I thought I'd do it nice and early.
I filled all the questions out in full, even repeating myself, got a letter from my employer saying that I wouldn't work there (they sent my application back last time, saying that they wanted this) and payed the fee for a 6 month visa.
Got my Visa back in about a week BUT it was only for 3 Months, when my holiday is after that, and I clearly stated the date I intended on travelling.
I don't know what they are playing at, all they are doing is deterring people from travelling there which will damage their tourist industry!
- —Guest Vik
Indian entry x visa nightmare
- I applied for x-visa 3 months ago but I have not got any response yet. I had to cancel my travel plans and now I don't know how long I have to wait? No one answers the call and replies to the email. At least, they should have the courtesy to give me a rough timeframe. So far, it has been a nightmare.
- —Guest Anil
- Got to India on Wednesday. They refused entry. They said that my dates were not right. I asked them if i could pay a penalty fee. Was refused and sent back. The officials are rude and their behaviour if disgusting. Will think twice going back there.
- —Guest kay
Cox and Kings is a complete disaster.
- I always used to wonder how can getting Visa (or related) services to India get worse than what they were when handled by Indian embassy in New York. Cox and King provides answer. This service is completely incompetent and useless. I am sure the outgoing super-corrupt UPA government took big bribes from this service to give them contract. I submitted application for my daughter's OCI card in early June. It has been more than 3 months and numerous phone calls later they have no idea about that application. I got fed up and told them to just refund the money. They are not refunding the big $320 fee they charged. My OCI has apparently been approved but I am too scared to give this incompetent service my passport as I don't want to lose it. I will just apply for regular visa for my daughter so that we can visit her sick grandfather dying of cancer! I am going to complaint to NY Attorney General for the fraud service they have been running.
- —Guest Chetan Jain
Which application form
- I am applying for a business visa I have all documents. so went to Manchester visa office he looked at the application saw my parents where born in Pakistan and said sorry this is the wrong application form I asked which is the correct one he said look on the internet. grrr now I am struggling to find postal application can any one help please.
- —Guest waseem