- We are English but now live in Spain and it is a nightmare trying to apply for a visa here too, It has to been obtained through an issuing company, sent by a certain courier plus the cost, oh I could go on for a week. We are now going to change our holiday to a different country, too bad would have loved to see India.
- —Guest Robert Vanderhoven
- I am a Filipino citizen,on tourist visa in khartoum, Sudan. I wanted to meet my Indian Husband in Mumbai.Iwent to the outsourcing services co in khartoum, applied for a tourist visa, they refused my visa aplication. Saying I am a tourist and cannot avail of a tourist visa to India. My visa will be completed in a few days time, and I have to leave the country, can you help me? Ans: Since you're from the Philippines, you can get a Visa on Arrival in India at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata airports. More info: http://goindia.about.com/od/visas/qt/Indian-Tourist-Visa-On-Arrival.htm
- —Guest mary
USELESS INDIAN GOVERNMENT UK WEB SITE
- Their Web site Is stupid, it looks like people from Britain, can't visit INDIA..something about 10 day's or 15 days too get back passport, it's all very up in the air..Don't think I will ever go now It seems to difficult to get a visa..I only wanted to go for a week..
- —Guest Fed Up8
- I am an Indian married to a Pakistan born Canadian. We all are Canadian and have no problem to go to anywhere in the world with our Canadian Passport but for the first time I applied for my husband Indian Visa and the whole big issue started. My kids have been in India previously without any problem ,this time we are facing a big issue. It has been over 2 months and my kids as well my husband application is under process. In the consulate no one knows anthing. No time frame and even I was told that I shouldn't have purchase the ticket without visa. I was also told that because my daughter is now 14 has to go through long process.( they have to do the full check on her) Mind you that she wasn't even born in Asia. Born in Europe and living in Canada.So now I think it's time for India to grant visa without any hassle to the kids whose one of the parent is from India. It shouldn't matter if it's mother or father. I don't think it's fair for kids being seperated by Coutries laws.
Really a bad website
- For all the famous Indian software engineers india has given to other world The Indian govt has got unused friendly and unnecessary loading in their website which us official Outsourced to VFS but the staff and mgmt follow a Indian bureaucracy Vusa questions are irrelevant and if the visa is for minor why do they ask about marital status n occupation. Can't they disable those nonsense questions if the applicant is a child Where are the good developers , OUTSOURCED !
- —Guest Bunty
- I want to go and volunteer in an orphanage and I am being forced to pay $395 for an employment visa as opposed to $95 for a tourist visa. I hope to spend 5 dys doing this and the rest of time touring which is for 14 days. Shame on you indian govt for squeezing more money for something like this.
- —Guest Robin
Passport being sent back for no reason
- What a nightmare, after all the fighting through the online application and the payment system and then getting all the documents ready my application has been rejected. Why? because I did not send a special delivery envelope, funny that my passport was returned in the pre-paid special delivery envelope that I provided.... So, that is £15 wasted on postage and I am scared that if I send it back and pay all this money again it will just get rejected. Has anyone else come up against stupid application issues like this?
- —Guest helelle
Waste of time
- This whole visa application is a nigthmare and waste of time. Why make so difficult to get a visa? Money making? Some countries we just arrive and show your passport and get the visa, some you pay there and is fine..but India visa is a night mare!!! Horrible web site. I don't think I will go to India again.
- —Guest Mark
- the online application wont let me upload a photo, I keep getting the msg that the size is not correct even though i have checked and re-checked the size. the oline application form is buggy and why do they want to know info about my parents and grandparents? I'm middle aged and married! my uk passport application form was easier and far less intrusive as regards the questions asked.
- —Guest tinicat
know the difference b/w visa type
- I would like know the difference b/w individual visa case and group visa case as i have issued visit visa with group mentioned on immigration forms of my other family member but i applied for visit visa on individual basis. waiting for ur quick reply.
Multiple Entry Visa
- I am a Pakistan National, doing JOB in UAE, my family living in india from last sixth year, they have also pakistani passport they are living on LTV, i want get Multiple entry Visa please advise
- —Guest Rajesh Pal Jevtani
- I am an American born of Pakistani descent, however, people like me are getting refused a visa because of my ancestory. To top it off, I am traveling for work for a global company with 20k employees in India, and 100k global. What's the deal with the new treaty?
- —Guest Chingate
Transfer 7rs visa to new passport
- Applied for transfer from US passport of left over 7 years indian tourist visa to new US passport. 17 months have passed and no response from INDIAN EMBASSY. Several inquiries with TRAVISA and INDIAN CONSULATE. NO RESPONSE. ANY ADVISE
- —Guest Nasim
tourist visa refused
- after 3 weeks, I've had word of being refused a 6 month tourist visa. I have been an Australian Citizen for 30 years. Reason for refusal, country of birth is Iran. What a crazy world we live in!!!
- —Guest refused visa
Tourist visa issue
- i have been studying in india for 8 years unfortunately i had lost my passport due to that even my Residential period had expired however i have paid the fees and left the country and i applied a visa from back home however the passport came written as the i have applied a visa and there is nothing else, then after two years from the first visa i have applied again and had the same issue that i have applied for the visa but not mention if its denied although such friends they have overstayed and went back withing a month, what the heck is happening?
- —Guest Husein