delay in tourist visa in manila
- on 14 jan we applied fr my fiance tourist visa and the bls visa outsourcing agent told us the doc is complete and come back after 4 days but today is 22 jan and my fiance flight is 24 no news about visa. bls says thats still under process we dont know what is going on in embassy. we call embassy the phone goes into voice message and the voice message box is full!!! WTF how should we do now? wait and miss the flight? cancel the trip? when will we get the visa? does it got any problem? the F£&@! indian embassy service is as messy as their country! not that we want to visit this smelly full of rubbish country but just bcos i m working they and i want my fiance to live with me!
- —Guest jay
I GOT MARRIED TO INDIAN
- Hi, i am from ghana married to indian lady, living with her in new dehli but now my visa is not valid. pls what to do? Answer: You will have to go to the FRRO in Delhi and get it sorted out there.
- —Guest benjamin johnson
shocked at the level of service
- I am shocked at the level of service experianced and the uk visa processing ans the Indian consulate . they informed me that my 5 year long term visa will be processed by 10 working days on that basis I booked my ticket. big mistake 14days later still waiting. 4 trips to the embassy still nothing. very rude and incompetent staff members dont offer any kind of solution. no idea why I applied for a 5year visa dont even want to go when will these people every change their ways
- —Guest sundeep123
- My friend ( Amercian Citizen ) have 5yrs multiple tourist visa to India and his visa expired on 2016. Since he is residing in india from last June 2012. Now his visa will expire on 15 Feb 2013. Should he to extend his visa? Actually i heard there is changes in visa extension norms for multiple visa holder? Could you please guide us? Answer: I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. His visa was supposed to expire in 2016 but will now expire in 2013? If this is the case, he will need to go to his local FRRO an apply for an extension.
- —Guest Samphel Dorji
- Website of Indian embassy is rudimentary, information is useless, no pdf to print, visa procedure is ridiculous, and requirements are childish. I just gave up. Why in the world they even ask questions of religion, marriage, parents, employment? Very unfriendly country for tourists.
- —Guest Viking
- I m a British passport holder and living in India for the last 50 years. I stay here with 5 year visa, now i want to visit canada for 4 months, bt my India visa expires while i will be in canada. I requested them to extend my visa from now but they r dening now what to do ? saying my visa will be extended only when 30 days will left but i have to leave for Canada for an urgent work plz guide me. Answer: That is true that they will only extend within 30 days. You'll have to get another visa while in Canada if that's the case.
- —Guest reta
Looks like india has a complex
- It seems that Indian Govt has an inferiority complex and by making visa rules so complex is trying to get a little importance. As a US citizen why even bother to visit India? Its dirty, polluted and poor. And forget the fun part there is hardly anything to see or do. Take your money where you are respected and where you can enjoy. Trust me after reading all the posts Pakistan seems to be a paradise. On my last visit to Pakistan I noticed great changes and with my Pakistani origin card and US passport I m free as bird in Pakistan. Pakistan treats its citizens and other travelers 1000 times better then India does.
- —Guest Ali
New rules with tourist visa
- Does anyone know if the rules have changed regarding reentering the Indian mainland on the same 6 month multiple entry tourist visa? Answer: Yes, they have. The 2 month gap has been removed.
- —Guest Daoud Kanaan
- I am an US Citizen . Now I am in India last seven years and plan to settle here. I always getting my residence permit from the Superintendent of Police ,they will issue only five years. So I want ten year visa . So where is the closest Indian embassay of kerala and what is the fee.
- —Guest SUBASH C. PILLAI
Indian Entry Visa
- Applied for an entry visa to India 2 months early via VFS London, got a VAF stamp on my passport and my children's for my troubles still waiting for entry visa approval from competent authorities in India, 4 months have now passed! - wife Indian citizen and passport holder very frustrating grandparents all Indian No reason given by VFS or Indian Consulate very frustrating!
- —Guest Mr T
irresponsible and idiot officers
- if you apply for oci card ask for those done in past. document lists provided on site are not accurate. officers in the london office are like barking dogs.
- —Guest peter
- Consulate General of India, San Francisco Notice and alerts We are happy to inform that, with effect from November 30, 2012, the gap of two months required between visits to India of a foreign national on a Tourist Visa would be applicable only in the case of nationals of Afghanistan, China, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan, Bangladesh, foreigners of Pakistan and Bangladesh origins and Stateless persons. Hence, foreign nationals except those mentioned above need not apply for re-entry permit to visit India if they have a multiple entry visas. Please contact M/s.Travisa Outsourcing if you have any queries.
- —Guest Mayaya
US/ pakistani national going to india
- My girlfriend who was born in pakistan and is a US citizen now, trying to go to India with me, the Indian tourist Visa requires her to renunciate her pakistani citizenship. she lost her Pakistani passport a long ago and would need that in order to renunciate. she contacted paksitani lawyer and was told that if she issues a ne pakistani passport she would have to give up the US citizenship as per the new LAW. she is just stuck in a circle and doesnt know what to do. PLEASE HELP
- —Guest raj
Pakitani Born but US citizen
- I m a Pkisatani born US citizen for 40 Years wife is indian born citizen of Us apply for tourist visa for india 6 time denied mother-in-law passed away tried emergency visa denied any suggesion Please
- —Guest Ali
Idiotic Visa website
- Hi all - I sympathise, esp with our Pakistani friends (even if you were born in UK! LOL). I too went on the VFS Services website recently for an Indian tourist visa. What a joke! For example, they say "don't make any travel arrangements before getting Visa approval" - but on the form they ask where you are staying, port where you are arriving and leaving etc!!! Second, the form says to "save" - one BIG problem - there is no Save button to click! (LOL); Third, they want to know my parents details - well, my parents are both dead; anyway, what if I grew up in an orphanage?! Well, while this is a big gripe, I am certinly glad I don't travel on an Indian passport as Indians get harrassed all the time as well; my wife got Aussie citizenship 20 years ago to basically make life a bit easier when travelling to different countries - mostly all have some sort of racist border policies.