From the article: How to Get an Indian Tourist Visa on Arrival
Have you applied for and/or obtained an Indian visa on arrival? How was the process? Did you face any issues? Share your experience with us here and find out the experiences of others. Share Your Experience
Visa on arrival
- Im travelling to India for ten days and would like to apply for a visa on arrival based on NZ passport. I have travelled to india more than ten times in the past twenty years for holiday and never had an issue for preapproved visa application. I have looked through the checklist for visa on arrival criteria and I meet them all but should I stick to the old system or be rest assured I wont unnecessary issues when I land in Mumbia airport? After all, it is a long journey to get to India and the last thing anybody wants is nuisance? Answer: There's no reason why you should have a problem but if it really concerns you, it's best to do what makes you feel the most comfortable.
- —Guest Cautious traveller
- Hi this is yamini here! i have one question that is possible to extend my visa during i stay in india? can i extend my visa for another two weeks from any travel agent there. Answer: No, this isn't possible, sorry.
- —Guest yamini
- I have 8 hours waiting time at the airport. Can I get a visa to go out? I am an ex-Paki but German citizen. Answer: No. 1) German citizens are not currently eligible. 2) If you, your parents or grandparents were born in or lived in Pakistan, you're not eligible.
- —Guest dOSO
visa on arrival
- I am a australian passport holder i will come kochin on 23/ 10/ 13 /can i get visa on arrival. Answer: No, sorry, you can't. Although Visa on Arrival facilities have been in operation there since August 15, 2013, Australian citizens are not eligible for VOA.
- —Guest don
from the USA
- I am trying to find out if I can get a visa on arrival to New Delhi. Ran out of time here in the use. Anybody know? Answer: US citizens are currently not eligible, sorry. Refer to this article for a list of eligible countries: http://goindia.about.com/od/visas/qt/Indian-Tourist-Visa-On-Arrival.htm
- —Guest scott reynolds
- I wanted to know whether Netherlands passport holder can eligible for on arrival Indian Visa at Mumbai airport. Answer: Please refer to this article for the list of countries that are eligible for VOA: http://goindia.about.com/od/visas/qt/Indian-Tourist-Visa-On-Arrival.htm
- —Guest Anil B Patel
- my friend is 16 year old from philippines want to visit me in india this july 2013 she is traveling alone, can she get tourist visa on arrival in india ? thank you in advance
- i am a 18 year old girl from philippines i like to visit india,Banglore can i get a tourist visa on arrival in Banglore ? if so ,what are the requirements ? do we immediately have to apply visa after we get off the plane ? kindly help me this is my first time visiting other country . Answer: Sorry, no, Bangalore doesn't have that facility.
- Hi! This is yamini and i am an Indonesian. What kind of question immegration will ask me on delhi airport? And can i fly from singapore to delhi?
- —Guest yamini
Easier than I thought..
- I have just landed in Delhi and the visa on arrival process was quite painless. I had copies of my passport and my first nights hotel booking, which were not asked for, 2 passport photos of which only one was needed and the absolute must, a ticket out of the country no later than 30 days from arrival. The paperwork took about 5 minutes to fill out and the interviewer will ask a lot of questions...I am a 51 year old female travelling alone and he seemed to think I was working for the embassy or the NZ government so I got a fair few questions based on that assumption, made me smile though. Try to have exactly US$60 on you, it'll save you time (15 min). 45 minutes all up and once you're stamped you'll be directed to the diplomatic passport line so no need to join the other, much longer queue. Was told on arrival that the 2 month exclusion still stands for this visa which is not what I was told at the Indian Embassy in Bangkok. Anyway, all good and happy to be here!
- —Guest Carolyn
tourist visa on arrival
- Hi! My name is Yamini and i am an Indonesian. I am planing to visit india on august 2013 this year to meet my friend's family. So is it possible for me to get TVOA at delhi airport if i just fly with my up and down air ticket,passport,passport photo copy,2photographs and a Invitation later from indian citizen family of my friend?? Is there no any requirement of advance booking of visa etc...?? please answer me soon. thanks, Yamini. Answer: No you don't have to book the Visa on Arrival in advance.
- —Guest yamini
4 hours i waited my passport with visa
- better arrange an indian visa at the embassy , arrival charges is $ 60 . and lots of nonsense questions , many people will ask not important questions.
- —Guest jel
VISA Upon Arrival
- Im going to Calcutta on Dec 12, but I have no tourist visa, Is the tourist visa upon arrival still applicable in Kolkata Airport? Thanks. Answer: It depends on which country you're a citizen of.
- —Guest James Medina
- hi i just have few questions about the visa on arrival, basically its my first time to travel outside country and i am planning to visit india, so does that mean i no longer need to apply for visa from the philippines? and once i arrived india is there no chance of being denied for visa? thank you. Answer: There is always a chance that you'll be denied. However if you provide all the paperwork, you shouldn't have a problem.
Visa on arrival for filipinos
- Hi elizabeth, Im from Manila too and travelling to Maldives with with my partner. I just need some clarification.. For the Visa on Arrival for FIlipinos, does it mean that we are onoy valid to travel by flight through the major airports? How about if we are travelling to a minor airport like in Varanasi or Trivandrum, does it mean that we could not do that? Or as long as we have the Visa stamp from one of the major airports, we're pretty much cool to travel anywhere in India within the visa validity? Hope you could enlighten me. Thanks! ANSWER: the visa on arrival is only issued at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata airports. So you need to arrive in India at one of these airports to get it. Once you have the visa you can travel anywhere in India.
- —Guest Hersh
1-15 of 18Next