From the article: Make an Indian Railway Reservation
There's nothing like trying to reserve a ticket for travel on Indian Railways as a source of irritation. Issues with the internet reservation system, and failed attempts at booking, are common. Have you experienced a problem? Share your frustrations here. Share Your Problems
- I failed so many times for the reservation of my train ticket. Is there any good website for reservation of train ticket? I know good website for pnr status
- —Guest pnr status
Ask your hotel
- Dear fellow travelers to India, I much like you have experienced the frustration of trying to book online train tickets for travel within India. After much trying I have found a solution around it: ask your hotel! I've sent emails to all three of the hotels I'll be staying in. The hotel in Delhi assured me that I could book all my train tickets upon arrival at the hotel (really? So trains won't be sold out I asked?). The hotel in Jaipur provided me with an Indian mobile number that I could use for my registration. Cool! Too bad that when I tried to register I got the response that this number was already registered. The last hotel in Udaipur offered to buy the tickets for me and I could pay them upon arrival. Et voila! Problem solved. So again, ask your hotel. And good luck! Safe travels
- —Guest Amile
help with railway ticket registration
- I am not able to register to purchase a ticket due to my US mobile number......ie no 91 digits. Is there a way to bypass the mobile number verification? I did receive my password..... Help.....must book my train!
pls give me answer urgently
- dear, railway minister, i am vikas singh from clothing culture kalyan mumbai and i have been facing this problem. I have been trying to books Tatkal ticket in kalyan since last 10days. The site got very very slow the moment its 10 AM. The system says Communication Failure. It’s frustrating, once the ticket got over the system start working. I am sure the system/server is controlled by mafia, and railway employ we can see this more often in the new channels, also some time sting operation by media do, but nothing has done so far. I request railway minister to do something to controller all such fraud. Only poor people are suffering, reach people can pay Rs 500 to Rs.1000/- to agent and buy the tickets but what’s about the poor people? Sham on our system!!! So pls urgently sort out my problem so that we poor person can travel in railway.
- —Guest mr. vikash singh
Can not book Tatkal Ticket-Server jammed
- I have been trying to books Tatkal ticket in Jhelum since last 4 days. The site got very very slow the moment its 10 AM. The system says Communication Failure. It’s frustrating, once the ticket got over the system start working. I am sure the system/server is controlled by mafia, we can see this more often in the new channels, also some time sting operation by media do, but nothing has done so far. I request railway minister to do something to controller all such fraud. Only poor people are suffering, reach people can pay Rs 500 to Rs.1000/- to agent and buy the tickets but what’s about the poor people? Sham on our system!!!
- —Guest Lakhbinder Singh
IRCTC not accepting cards issued outside
- On March 13, 2013, I tried to book tickets with IRCTC and failed two times with CITI card. Contacted CITI, and got connected to Customer Care in Chennai, India. The person at Chennai-end said Credit Cards issued outside of India are not acceptable.
- —Guest Ramabhadran NK
- NO accept my registration because I do not have any issue with a +91, I am not a citizen of India, and the only visitor. what I would do?
- —Guest Andzej
how to book?
- oh, tired of trying to make a train reservation Delhi-Jaipur-Haridwar. what should I do?
- —Guest thais
fed up with indian rail
- I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR DAYS TO ENTER MY CELL NUMBER ON INDIAN RAIL REG. TO NO AVAIL. TRYING TO RESERVE TRAIN TICKETS FROM NEW DEHLI TO VARANASI TO NO AVAIL. II AM FROM SOUTH AFRICA . WILL BE IN NEW DEHLI IN LESS THAN A WEEK. NOW I AM TIRED AND WANT TO SLEEP.
- —Guest joe
How to pay the Payment
- If my Debit card bank name is not in list How to do the payments
- —Guest Mohan kumar
Problem booking railway tickets!
- Hi, I have experienced the same problem just booking a railway ticket online from Sweden. First it took hell lot of time to just get thru registration after almost more than an hour, and later again more than an hour to make reservations which went in vain as they do not accept foreign credit cards??? What a waste of time and energy for nothing.
- —Guest Cindy
- Is there any solution available to register without having Indian mobile phone? Can anyone has answer?
- —Guest Haren
- Forget to book A ticket online N not expect any customer service from Indian Railway. Worst Booking Service. Unprofessional. Living in still 17th century
- —Guest Pardeep
trying to book from UK
- I have registered with IRCTC and with Cleartrip -sent my scanned passport off and recieved OTPs for emails and mobile but have never managed to make it synchronise and work allowing me to book tickets. Very frustrating and I have spent over 20 hours trying to succeed at this and failed. Does anyone know how I can book tickets from the UK -this is now urgent as its in 8 weeks time for an overnight trian.
- —Guest organised
not getting a valid response
- the irctc.co.in is not registering my name giving a reason that my address should be a minimum of 50 characters and that no blanks should be left even though my address is well above 100 characters
- —Guest Aravind.K.R.
1-15 of 47Next