Have you converted your Tourist Visa to an X Visa in India after marrying an Indian citizen? What was your experience like? Share it here and find out the experiences of others. Share Your Experience
married with us citizen
- i am an indian citizen and wife is us citizen. we got married on 11th feb. 2013...and it got registered in marriage registrar office on 12th march. we got our respective marriage certificate's. i want to know after how much time of married time together i can apply for U.S. visa. she's done back to her city. i just want o know how much time i have to wait before applying for visa. Answer: I'm sorry, this website is about India travel. I don't know anything about US visas, so unfortunately can't advise you about that.
- —Guest suryavansh rai
- Im frm bangladesh.nw im in india wid tourist visa bt im going to marry my bf indian bt he will be 21years old 11may 2013.my visa will expire 3rd may.can u tell us pls any solution wat can we do?? .can u tell me pls what can we do Answer: I'm sorry, it's best that you seek legal advice about that. The situation is different for people from Bangladesh (the Indian government has restrictions for Bangladeshis) and I don't have any experience with that.
- —Guest Afrin
Married for 27 years but living apart
- Hi you are providing with really useful information here. I'm trying to help a couple who is married for 27 years now. The wife is Indian and husband is Bangladeshi. The marriage took place in India and they have a marriage certificate. The husband is 65 years old now. So long the husband has been visiting the wife and two children on tourist visa. The children are born and bought up in India. Will the husband be given x-visa from Bangladesh? What is the min - max time period of stay on x-visa. Kindly help. God Bless! Answer: I'm really sorry I can't help with this situation. I don't know anything about visas for Bangladeshis unfortunately.
- —Guest Soumi
Please Help Me
- Thanks for your answer.Still we didn't get any reply from MHA or our nearest FRO.My wife's visa already expired and she has a document was given by FRO,written unregistered.Several time I went FRO office and asked them,but same reply "Not yet".What shall I do now?We phoned Visa support Delhi and they asked our all document which we have sent through mail.We got reply that visa support has send this all to MHA Delhi.We can't go Delhi now with expired visa now!! Please can you tell me what shall I do now!! Thank you very much.
- —Guest Fromhotelcalifornia
- Dear sir/Madam, I am from Iran and married to indian origion 2 years back.I entered on tvisa and got it converted to x visa. Every thing was done.after one year I came back to Iran to completemy ph.d and get my IELTS.it took me almost a year. I had 2months return visa and i didnt use it.now i am planning to go to my husband and since we married asper indian law my marriage is not legal in iran and if they get to know I got married to hindu them may give me death penalty.i talked to several travel agance in Iran and they scared me so much.even i was thinking to apply for tvisa and get it converted in india.but I was told xvisa stamp will creat problem.We are thinkin about nepal option for t or x visa.pls pls guide me if it works without interfering Iran government. Will they send application form to iran.since in that i have to mention my husband name and origion.or this firm will remain for indian embassy in nepal. I m desperately waiting for any reply. Ans: Hi there, unfortunately it won't be possible for you convert a tourist visa to X visa in India again -- that option only exists for people who have tourist visas and get married in India. They will tell you that you have to get the X visa from your country. If you apply for X visa in Nepal or another country, they normally do get clearance from the Indian Embassy in your own country when processing the application. I'm not sure what the best solution is unfortunately. Bangkok is another good alternative to get a visa from. Surely, nothing bad in regards to your country can happen to you from there?
- —Guest arezoo
- I'm marrying an Indian, I'm from Venezuela, do I need for this procedure and where I have to address. Answer: You will need to go through this procedure only if you want to convert your tourist visa to a residential visa in India after your wedding, without leaving the country.
- —Guest frog
- Dear Sir, I am getting married to my fiance' in Bangalore she is from US and its to be noted that she is not an immigrant or has no relations or history with india.. We are getting married this month Jan 2013, I will be getting our marriage certificate what is the next step that i need to do, do i walk in into a local police station for any cert and then apply for her X-Visa or permanent stay. She will be staying back in India as normal indian citizen, and at the sametime she will not be loosing her US citizenship so please guide me step by step process and places that we have to visit and the documents that i need to get ... Thanks in advance. Answer: She will need to go the Bangalore FRRO and submit an application to have her tourist visa converted to an X visa. The Bangalore FRRO will inform you of their exact process and documents required (it differs depending on the FRRO). She won't be eligible for Indian citizenship until she has lived in India for a minimum of 7 years, but may apply for a PIO card after one year of marriage.
- —Guest Irfan
planning for marriage and citizenship
- My girlfriend is from Kazakhstan, we have decided to get married and to live together in India. I want to know how we can do this ? I belong to Ranchi, Jharkhand. What visa type she should apply for and after marriage registration where should we apply to get X-visa and within how much time?
- —Guest Shakti
Can You Help Me?
- I am an Indian who got married to a South african lady.She came with Tourist Visa which will be expire soon on 5th December,2012.We have applied in FRRO and they gave us a paper with Government seal as a registration.FRRO has send it to MHA.My question is if visa period will expire before there procedure will She stay here?FRRO didn't give any stamp on Passport. Thanking you advance. Answer: It sounds like you have gone to one of the smaller FRO offices. They don't always follow proper procedure. Her visa should've been extended while the application for X visa is processed. Was an extension given and documented?
- —Guest Fromhotelcalifornia
Marrying with an italian girl this year
- Hi, I am getting married with an Italian girl this year. She is coming this september. I have some queries: 1. She is coming on tourist visa, is it legal to come in india on tourist visa and get married? If not, then what is the other procedure? 2. She has done the apostille on her "birth certificate" and "single status certificate", is apostille required on other documents? 3. I wanted to do the verification of those documents in italian embassy, delhi before she arrives here to save the time because it takes around 1 week, is it possible in her absence to get those document verified? 4. She is coming on 90 days visa which will be only 78 days in india, is it possible to obtain entry visa or extend tourist visa within those number of days 3. we decided to get married legally first and then do the hindu traditional wedding, is it right approach? Please guide me, we are very confused about it. It is told to her that if she use tourist visa for any other purpose it will be cancelled. Answer: The short answer is that she can get married on a tourist visa, then afterwards apply for an extension and conversion to X visa from the FRRO in her area. This is common procedure. Many people do it. It's best to check with your local registrar of marriages office as to what their exact requirements are in regards to certification of documents, as it often varies.
- —Guest Rohit
Conversion of tourist visa to x-visa
- Namaste the conversion from tourist to x-visa was a long story also for me. The MHA Delhi as well as the local FRRO refused the conversion. I was told to leave the country and come back on x-visa. I wrote to the indian embassy in Kathmandu and they confirmed that they will grant me an x-visa. But in a case of a friend, the Embassy in Nepal refused the issue of an x-visa. I had to bring all my husband's papers: birth certificate, passport with my name as wife in it, etc. and: very important the apostille stamp from the ministry of external affairs on the marriage certificate. To get the apostille stamp in Delhi, make sure to have first the stamp of the local authorities (ADM) & the regional commissioner of where the paper has been issued, if not you will be sent away. After much travelling from here to there to collect all the necessary stamps, I finally got my X-Visa. I am German citizen, please note that all visas for Germans married to Indians and their children are FREE of charge!
- —Guest Uma
Proof of residence
- I am male (Indian citizen) doing process for converting tourist visa into X visa for my Russian fiancee.For converting they are asking for proof of residence ??how will I get proof of residence for my faincee with limited period of time ??I am from kerala and Is there any FRRO near to Kerala ??Please help me. Answer: The closest FRO to you is in Trivandrum. You can get proof of residence from your local police station.
- Very informative :) Working with indian offices is always pain, hopefully it wont be this time for us
- —Guest Indian Citizen
- hello, i wonder if you could help me. i m european, just got married in mumbai. my passport expires in september, do i need to extend it through the process you have described. i have my wedding certificate but i have not registered myself with the police. u have mentioned that it has to be done within the first 14 days do i have a problem with this. thank you, best regards, Marta Ans: Hi Marta, you will need to to your country's embassy in India to get a new passport, as it needs to have more than 6 months validity before you apply for a new visa. If you're on a tourist visa, you don't need to register until after you've applied for the X visa. Any questions, please email me and I'll try and help. email@example.com
- —Guest Marta
- I AM AN AMRICAN CITIZEN, BUT I MARRIED AN INDIAN CITIZEN, I HAVE TOURIST VISA, HOW I CONVERT MY TOURIST VISA TO X VISA Ans: Please have a look at the information in this document. http://goindia.about.com/od/gettingmarried/a/Convert-Tourist-Visa-To-X-Visa-Marriage.htm
- —Guest REETI BAGCHI
1-15 of 19Next