From the article: New Bangalore Airport Information Guide
About.com readers share their experiences of the new Bangalore airport. Have you passed through the new Bangalore airport? How did it meet your expectations? Here's the place to air your grievances or lavish your praise. Share Your Reason
- though of good standered distance from the city center is major draw back.something hasto be done about it.
- —Guest reuben
Banglore Airport Closure: why so early?
- I think Congress has another Scam to handle since so -called Rajiv Gandhi( why this name:Congress funded the Project??) .Please tell us how much money was given to Congress fiund etc ??? Scam ready???
- —Guest G S Azad
world class Indian construction
- Not really surprised the New airport is in need of repairs so quickly. Typical watered down Indian engineering and construction.
- —Guest old monk
- I Was really impressed with this airport and the smart young staff which gave a breath of fresh air to the place. I would suggest that airports should allow entry to all passengers and others into main lobby at anytime of the day without restriction. Security should not be cited as reason for restricting entry into main terminal hall, makes it look third world. instead state of the art cctv and strategically positioned guards should be employed to provide security. Since it is far from city centre a decent airport hotel is the need of the hour. All in all, a lovely airport in a beautiful city.
- —Guest TAP
of good standard but...
- the interior was good and clean, it is of really good standard. Good range of eateries available inside terminal once checked in. Be sure to have some US dollars as duty free is in US$. but certain things I didn't like was that we got there relatively early for a flight check-in time of 1a.m we were there at 11p.m and we were refused entry despite other passengers went in that were on our flight. It was suprisingly cold for India given it was their India and we had a high fever. And yes the fact that it is so far from the city, why can they not have late arrving flights go to the old airport if still operational. The location is hidious, it is practically in the middle of no where. I am suprised that there are no decent hotels ready yet around it. and as for Fantasy Golf Resort it is really low grade and unprofessional hotel also in the middle of nowhere. Very deserted. I will definitely not recommend unless looking for a 1 star quality.
- —Guest al
A great beginning
- The airport location is good though little away from city centre. Provides good service. The main concern is the airport requires a retireroom and transit hotel. Transit hotel is essential as the airport is a little away from city. Hope it will be added soon.
- —Guest Francis
Wow! Truly International standard
- I have been to several airports worldover and found this new airport in Bengalooru to be of high standard.... at par with any award winning International airports. The only concern is distance from the city bus station and railway port.
- —Guest Prasad