Name of Your India Blog
Meditations on a Paper Bag
Your Blog URL
What do you write about in your blog?
I live in India and blog about living in India, my neighbors and friends, local festivals, culture, interesting people I meet on the road and life as a solo female traveler.
Why Did You Start Your Blog?
I am a freelance writer who has lived on the road for sixteen years. During this time, the internet has both liberated me and changed the way I work and market my work. I sometimes feel like a writer who has stumbled from the darkness of her solitary attic and am standing by the roadside of the Information Super Highway blinking my eyes in wonder!
Friends encouraged me to write a blog and once I figured out that that the internet is my friend, I have begun blogging seriously since one year.
I write for my own blog and other women's travel sites as well as
Wanderlust and Lipstick, Women Travel the World and Girlfriend Getaways, to name just a few.
- India is a very different experience for a woman coming from the West!
- How you dress is how you are treated. Indians never understand why Westerners want to dress down on their holiday, its no way to get respect they say.
- You don't have to wear a salwaar kameez as long as you dress rich.
- Anklets and why Indian women wear two. To wear one anklet (as is the practise for a lot for Western women) is a signal in India that the woman is a prostitute!
- COVER UP. Don't wear shorts! Don't wear tight clothes!
- Touching, hugging and kissing in public is NOT ALLOWED