Whether you'd like an ayurvedic massage, aromatherapy, or facial and body treatment, there are some excellent luxury spas in Mumbai to cater for all your needs. Many spas also have private suites for couples, so you can enjoy relaxing with your loved one.
Here's where to find the best luxury spas in Mumbai.
- Address: JW Marriott Hotel, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu Beach.
Ph: (91 22)6693-3610.
- Opening Hours: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
- Cost: $40-$70 for body polish, baths, or massages. $90-$120 for facial therapy and body wraps. $120-$220 for Ayurvedic rituals.
- What's Good: The hotel offers spa and accommodation packages from $400-460, which include a variety of spa massages. The spa also has an exclusive room for couples.
2. Tahaa Spa
Tahaa Spa is a tiny three room establishment that offers a range of treatments including manicures, pedicures, and massages. Don't let the small size of Tahaa Spa put you off, it's tastefully decorated inside, comes highly recommended, and has some of the best therapists in Mumbai. The emphasis at Tahaa is on technique, aimed at addressing problem areas. Make sure you book in advance.
- Address: 69-A Manisha Bldg, Napean Sea Road, Mumbai, 400006. Ph: (91 22)2368-1001.
- Opening Hours: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Cost: Treatments are priced from around $20, up to $65 for a 75 minute massage. Cheaper Express treatments are also offered.
- What's Good: Therapeutic Deep Tissue massage. Personaliszed aromatherapy massage.
- Address: Ground Floor, Dhanraj Mahal, Apollo Bunder, Opposite The Yacht Club (near gateway of India), Mumbai. Ph: (91 22)6634-9898/9922.
- Opening Hours: 9 a.m. to 10.30 p.m. daily.
- Cost: Prices start at 1,000 rupees ($20) for a 30 minute reflexology foot massage. 60 minute body massages are 3,000 rupees ($60).
- What's Good: The Jet Lag package, which is a combination of body scrub, full body, and foot massage for 5,000 rupees ($100). Personally though, I like a good deep tissue massage.
- Address: Bandra, Versova, Chembur, Colaba, Lokhandwala, Powai (the largest branch), and Ghatkopar. See the website for more details.
- Opening Hours: Morning until evening.
- Cost: Thai massages start at 900 rupees ($18) for 30 minutes. Aromatherapy massages start at 1,900 rupees ($40) for 60 minutes. Combination packages are also offered. A 60 minute Thai and 60 minute aromatherapy massage costs 3,200 rupees ($65). If you really feel like pampering yourself, add a 60 minute foot reflexology massage to both of those for a total of 4,400 rupees ($90).
- What's Good: The traditional Thai massages (a rigorous type of dry massage) are a specialty.
- Address: 114 Dr. E. Moses Road, Worli. Ph: (91 22)2481-8005.
- Opening Hours: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
- Cost: 60 minute massages from $80, body polishes from $80, Ayurveda from $90, plus tax.
- What's Good: The three hour treatment packages, for around $200, which combine a range of treatments for meditation, rejuvenation, or detox.
6. Antara Spa
- Address: The Club Mumbai, 197 D.N. Nagar, Link Road, Andheri West, Mumbai Ph: (91 22)5693-9999.
- Opening Hours: Weekdays: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Weekends: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Cost: Treatments start from $15 for a 30 minute head and shoulder massage or foot reflexology massage. A 60 minute Antara Signature Massage costs $45, plus tax. Day packages start from $70, plus tax.
- What's Good: The Antara Signature Massage, combining Swedish and aromatherapy techniques. The day packages also represent good value.
7. Myrah Spa
- Address: 11 Palm Spring Society (near Shoppers' Stop), JVPG Scheme, Juhu.
Ph: (91 22)2625-3968.
- Opening Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays. 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekends.
- Cost: $45 onwards. $80 for the 60 minute Asian Blend massage.
- What's Good: The Asian Blend massage, special pregnancy packages, and sports massages.
Rudra Spa is both a day spa and a beauty salon that promises "soulitude with senses". It features 22 luxurious spa suites, an open air courtyard, natural wood interiors, and ornate furniture. Meditative chants, incense, and a statue of Lord Shiva add to the serenity. This spa gets points for the extensive range of treatments on offer, including Tibetan, Hawaiian, and Ayurvedic massages.
- Address: Kemps Boulevard, Kwality House, Kemps Corner, Mumbai.
Ph: (91 22)2387-2363/9688.
- Opening Hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Cost: Treatments range from $40 up to $360 for complete packages.
- What's Good: The Beautiful Day Package, with six hours of body treatment, facial, manicure, pedicure, hair cut, hair spa, and gourmet lunch.