From magnificent old villas to isolated beach houses, Goa offers a delightful range of accommodations to make your stay pleasurable one. Look no further than these enticing Goa boutique hotels for a memorable time.
This beautifully constructed and landscaped boutique hotel is located at the corner of Apora and Calangute. Its architecture is magnificent and has a number of interesting features. Once you're inside this luxurious and exotic place, the rest of the world will feel far, far away. It offers guests Ayurvedic treatment to help replenish body and soul. A free shuttle service to the beach is also provided.
- Address: Near D'Mart Shop, Porba Vaddo, Calangute, North Goa. Ph: (0832)2279061.
- Price: $250 to $500 per room per night, depending on the room type and time of year.
- Features: 12 spacious but intimate suites with individual themes, all scattered around a swimming pool with bar.
The 'Elsewhere' Beach Houses offer a remote piece of paradise on Mandrem beach. The property is completely private and is accessed via a bamboo footbridge across the creek which separates it from the rest of the world. It's perfect for honeymooners wanting some privacy, or anyone wanting to get away from it all and relax.
- Address: Asvem, Mandrem Beach, North Goa.
- Price: $1,800 to $2,500 per week per house, depending on the time of year.
- Features: Four simple but charming houses, each of which sleeps 4-6 people, on an isolated stretch of beach.
Located right on clean and unspoilt Candolim beach, and with only four well appointed rooms, this lovely boutique hotel is actually more like a beach house than a hotel. The Casa Candolim is ideal for anyone looking to stay somewhere a little different. It's like a home away from home, with delightful personalized service. There's no swimming pool but the beach is at the doorstep!
- Address: 854 Camotim Vado, Candolim Beach Road, Candolim, North Goa. Ph: (91) 9810130518.
- Price: 5,000 to 15,000 rupees ($120 to $350) per room per night, depending on the time of year.
- Features: Rooms have private balconies with beach views. High speed internet connection also available for no additional charge.
The charming and captivating Presa di Goa Country House is carefully restored Portuguese manor that's furnished in traditional colonial style. Located in a peaceful village around 10 minutes drive from popular Calangute and Baga beaches, the hotel offers a cozy and tranquil escape in Goa.
- Address: Nagoa 353/1, Arais Wado, Calangute, Bardez, North Goa. Ph: (0832)2409067.
- Price: Around $80 for a double room, increasing to $140 for the Crossandra Junior Suite. Rates include breakfast but tax is additional. Special packages are also available. A one week honeymoon package costs around $800.
- Features: Swimming pool. Five exclusive Junior Suites and two Deluxe Rooms, all uniquely decorated and named after flowers.
5. Yoga Magic
Yoga Magic is a unique eco-friendly place with a magical atmosphere, tucked away amidst coconut palms and rice paddy fields near Anjuna beach. It aims to provide a relaxing experience that's as close to nature as possible. Open from mid November to mid April each year.
- Address: 1586/1 Grand Chinvar, Anjuna, Bardez, North Goa. Ph: (0832)5623796.
- Price: around 6,000 rupees ($140) per night per tent and 7,500 rupees ($175) for the Maharani suite, depending on the time of year. Weekly rates are available.
- Features: 7 luxurious individually decorated Rajasthani hunting tents and one suite. There's also a swimming pool. Indian cooking classes, yoga, meditation, and other healing classes are offered at an additional cost.