The Bottom Line
- Central location, walking distance to the New Delhi train station.
- Ambient balcony overlooking the street.
- Large rooms and bathrooms.
- Elegantly decorated.
- Front rooms can be noisy from the street and temple below.
- Back rooms don't have windows.
- Quality of service and helpfulness of hotel staff can be variable.
- Rooms can be overpriced if you don't bargain.
- 4970 Ram Dwara Rd, Nehru Bazaar, New Delhi, 110055.
- Book by calling 91(11)23562811 or emailing email@example.com
- Rooms cost 1,500 rupees ($30) per night.
- Credit cards not accepted.
- Rooms have hot water, satellite television, refrigerator, and 24 hour room service.
- Front rooms have shared balconies.
- Foreign exchange services are offered.
- The hotel has a travel desk, and car and driver are available for sightseeing.
- Airport pick-up is available on request for around 500 rupees.
Guide Review - Hotel Relax Review : A Welcome Reprieve in Delhi's Chaotic Paharganj
The Hotel Relax provides a welcome reprieve from the dime-a-dozen budget hotels that populate the Paharganj area. Well located in a street just off the Main Bazaar, it offers a step up in both cleanliness and comfort, with a good dose of charm.
The hotel has large, airy rooms that open onto a wide central foyer on each level. Both the foyers and rooms are elegantly decorated with statues and artwork from the owner's import business, located in a shop adjoining the hotel. However, the really attractive thing about this hotel is its sizeable, pot plant filled balcony that overlooks the street scene below. It's an ambient place to drink, dine, and relax (as the hotel's name says!) while taking in the ever changing landscape outside.
While the Hotel Relax does have a lot going for it, don't expect the service to always be reliable or the staff to always be helpful. It's also inconvenient that the hotel doesn't accept credit cards. Other than these factors, the hotel makes for a pleasant stay. Rates are quite flexible, so do ask for a discount.