The Bottom Line
- Apartments are very spacious, clean, and well furnished.
- Located near both Vagator and Anjuna beaches.
- On-site manager to assist with guest needs.
- Rooftop is great for relaxing.
- Small restaurants, shops, and bookstore are close by.
- Not on located on the beach.
- Apartments don't have balconies.
- Casablanca, A Wing, Level 2, Vagator Beach Road, North Goa, India.
- Email: email@example.com or phone: (91) 98-2104-2700.
- Four luxury apartments -- 3 one bedroom and 1 studio, all fully self contained with kitchenettes.
- Kitchenettes have cooking utensils, cutlery and crockery, kettle, gas stove, microwave, and fridge.
- 2 bottles of mineral water replenished daily.
- All apartments are air conditioned.
- Studio apartment from $60 per night. One bedroom apartments from $70. Generous discounts offered during the monsoon season.
- Airport and railway pickup provided on request for additional cost.
- Credit cards accepted.
Guide Review - Review of Goan Clove Apartments Vagator Goa
Goan Clove occupies the top floor of a new complex of apartments, located on the main road leading from Anjuna to Vagator Beach.
Advertised as luxury self catering apartments, the owner has gone to a lot of effort to make sure that guests have a comfortable stay. Indeed, there's everything you'd expect to find in a well furnished apartment, and the great thing is that it's all new -- meaning soft plump pillows, fluffy bath sheets (twice the size of a normal towel), and immaculate bathrooms.
The spaciousness and cleanliness of the apartments is very appealing. There's maid service every morning, as well as a knowledgeable on-site manager to assist guests. In addition to being able to organize whatever you need, he has some excellent suggestions for restaurants and entertainment.
However, if you don't feel like venturing out too far or cooking, another attractive point about Goan Clove is that the enchanting and somewhat trippy Dipti's Bar & Restaurant is right next door. It has a great range of cocktails, simple but good food, and a magical chill out area that wouldn't be out of place in a jungle.
As with all accommodations at Vagator, the apartments are positioned a short distance away (around 500 meters/0.3 miles) from the beach, in a quiet area. Although you can walk there, it's a good idea to hire a motorbike or scooter to get around as Goa's sights are quite spread out. Alternatively, taxi services are readily available.
Unfortunately, the apartments don't have balconies but it's possible to relax on the rooftop. From there you'll have a panoramic view of the surroundings, including Chapora Fort, where a scene from the Bollywood movie Dil Chahta Hai was filmed. It's particularly lovely at sunset. When I was there, I even got to watch a family of monkeys having fun on the neighbor's roof. I just wish I could've stayed longer!