The concept of Sunday brunch has caught on in a huge way in Mumbai. Many fine dining restaurants in Mumbai now hold all-you-can-eat Sunday brunch buffets, and most of these include the option for unlimited alcohol as well.
Try these restaurants for a delicious Mumbai Sunday brunch, across a range of cuisine types.
The highly respected Indigo is a long standing Mumbai favorite. It has the honor of being the first restaurant that's not part of an international hotel complex, to serve truly international food in the city. The restaurant’s interesting menu is predominantly inspired from France, Italy, the US and India. It’s also got one of the best wine lists in Mumbai. The Sunday brunch is a real treat and what’s even better is that it’s accompanied by live jazz. All this is enjoyed in a spacious two level Colonial bungalow, complete with lounge and open air balcony. Conveniently located in south Mumbai's Colaba area, it's a must for Mumbai visitors.
- Address: 4 Mandlik Road, Colaba, Mumbai. Ph:(22)6636-8999.
- Cost: 2,200 rupees including alcohol.
Mumbai’s best live music venue now serves a delicious Sunday brunch, along with eclectic live music that varies weekly. The Sunday brunch here isn't your average lazy Sunday brunch; it's an extravagant affair that runs from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m., featuring more than 50 dishes, a completely open bar (including exotic cocktails) and dancing. There are also activities and also board games for the kids. Definitely enjoy this one to the fullest!
- Address: Mathuradas Mills Compound, Tulsi Pipe Road, Lower Parel, Mumbai. Ph:(22)4033-2300.
- Cost: 2,250 rupees with Sula sparkling wine and cocktails made from domestic spirits, 2,750 rupees with two glasses of Moët champagne and cocktails made using premium imported spirits. 1,150 rupees for children with mini frog kid’s menu and activities.
If you love Asian cuisine, you can't pass up the Asian focused Sunday brunch at SanQi, spread over two levels and seven counters! Choose from Cantonese, Thai, Japanese, sushi, chilled seafood, teppanyaki and Indian. It's accompanied by an unlimited flow of Phillipe Gonet and Veuve Clicquot champagne, as well as a selection of beer, wine, and spirits.
- Address: The Four Seasons Hotel. 114 E Moses Road, Worli, Mumbai. Ph:(22)2481-8000.
- Cost: 3,900 rupees, including alcohol and taxes.
Olive aims to re-create the ambiance of a countryside picnic with its Sunday Wine Picnic brunch, attended by Bandra's beautiful people. Olive is a standout place to come for brunch because the importance of good food and wine is really appreciated here. You'll enjoy unwinding in Olive's ambient courtyard, while listening to live jazz and dining on a delicious Mediterranean spread.
- Address: Pali Hill Tourist Hotel, 14 Union Park, Khar West, Mumbai (near Carter Road, behind Cafe Coffee Day). Ph: (22)2605-8228.
- Cost: 2,200 rupees including alcohol.
This has to be one of the best value Sunday Brunch buffets in Mumbai. What makes it so special? Complimentary use of the hotel's swimming pool! As for the menu, you'll be able to feast on Asian and Indian cuisine with the buffet selection changing weekly. Not only that, unlimited beer, wine, and a range of cocktails are included in the price.
- Address: Aqua, Sun-n-Sand Hotel, 39 Juhu Beach, Mumbai. Ph: (22)6693-8888.
- Cost: 1,900 rupees, including alcohol.
The Barking Deer
The Barking Deer, Mumbai's first brewpub, has started a family Sunday brunch that's child friendly, complete with games table. Scrumptious Mediterranean food, including a wine range of pasta, is served.
- Address: Todi & Co. Mills @ Mathuradas Mill Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai. Ph: (22) 6141-7400.
- Cost: 2,200 rupees with all alcohol. 1,600 rupees with non alcoholic beverages. 1,000 rupees for children under 12. Free for children under six.
Vista, the 24 hour cafe at the Taj Land's End Hotel in Bandra, serves a lavish Sunday brunch buffet filled with food from all over the world. It's a gourmet affair that includes caviar, oysters, and chocolate. As you'd expect from it's name, Vista has sweeping ocean views that extend right across Bandra Bandstand to the waves and rocks below.
- Address: Taj Land's End Hotel, Bandra Bandstand, Mumbai. Ph:(22)6668-1234.
- Cost: 4,400 rupees with alcohol.
Lovers of Italian cuisine must try the Sunday brunch at this contemporary, three leveled Italian restaurant at the imposing JW Marriott in Juhu. Italian food is taken very seriously here and the restaurant brings its chefs all the way from different regions of Italy. It’s not a particularly child friendly place though, so families may want to head for the equally satisfying Sunday brunch buffet at the JW Marriott’s Lotus Café.
- Address: JW Marriott Hotel, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu Beach, Mumbai. Ph: (22)6693-3220.
- Cost: 5,500 rupees with champagne, including taxes. 3,200 rupees with alcohol, including taxes.