The Bottom Line
- Beachfront location.
- Incredible views.
- Elegant setting.
- Sunday brunch buffet with huge selection of food.
- Cost of brunch is same for vegetarians and non-vegetarians.
- Drinks are expensive.
- Situated away from Mumbai's main tourist district.
- 102 Juhu Tara Road, Juhu Beach (located down the side street that runs to the beach).
- Phone: (022)2660-3003.
- Italian/Mediterranean cuisine.
- Open daily from 4 p.m. to 1.30 a.m.
- Also serves buffet brunch on Sundays from 11.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.
- Buffet brunch costs 2,000 rupees, including tax, with all alcohol. 1,600 rupees, including tax, with beer.
- Brunch without alcohol costs 1,100 rupees, including tax.
- Music provided by DJ, and Submerge holds its regular Sunday Sundown Sessions there are well, from 5 p.m.
Guide Review - Vie Deck & Lounge: Stunning Beachfront Dining in Mumbai
Sunday brunch has become a huge craze in Mumbai, with many upmarket restaurants and hotels now offering Sunday brunch buffets. These are hugely popular with the moneyed locals who come to take it easy, unwind, and of course feast.
The Sunday brunch buffet at the Vie Deck and Lounge is one of the most reasonably priced buffet lunches around. For only 850 rupees ($20) you can eat as much as your stomach can handle from a vast spread of Mediterranean style starters, mains, barbecue, and desserts. "Live and fresh" is the restaurant's brunch motto, and the highlight is without a doubt the "live pizza and pasta station" located outside on the deck. Here you can get your favorite pizza and pastas made to order, while you sit back and enjoy the view as the refreshing sea breeze brushes your skin.
Now that the view has been mentioned, it's nothing short of spectacular and is what makes this place so special. Vie has a deck that juts out right over Juhu beach and offers an uninterrupted panorama of the ocean. You can choose to relax out here under one of the many huge umbrellas, or chill out in air conditioned comfort in the lounge inside.
The mood indoors is a bit more upbeat. There's music and a long bar that serves an irresistible selection of cocktails. However, on the afternoon I was there, the music was in quite a state of confusion. The DJ didn't want to stop playing his rather unappealing retro, despite the fact that a live musician had also been hired to perform.
In terms of location, Vie has an enviable setting in the exclusive suburb of Juhu. Unfortunately this is around an hour north of Mumbai's main tourist area of Colaba. It is, however, quite close to the airport.
If you can't make it for brunch, Vie is also open for dinner and dancing into the night.