Darjeeling Toy Train Route:
Darjeeling Toy Train Services:
- Daily Train Services -- historic diesel and 'B' Class steam locomotives with various combinations of first and second class carriages.
- Joy Rides -- 'B' Class steam locomotives which take passengers on short trips from Darjeeling to Ghum return, and Siliguri Junction to Sukna return.
- Jungle Safari Holiday Trains -- locomotives which run from Siliguri to Tindharia return, with the highlights being views of the picturesque Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary and "Z" reverses (where the train zigzags forwards and backwards up the slope).
Darjeeling Toy Train Information:
- The joyride from Darjeeling to Ghum and back includes a 10 minute stop at Batasia loop and 30 minutes stoppage at Ghoom Museum. The entrance fee to the museum is included in the fare.
- The joyride from Siliguri Junction passes through tea estates and includes a 30 minutes stop at the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Photo Gallery in Sukha.
- The Jungle Safari trains stop for lunch at Tindharia, where stunning valley views can be enjoyed, before returning to Siliguri.
Darjeeling Toy Train Timetable:
- The main daily toy train service to Darjeeling departs from New Jalpaiguri at 9 a.m. and arrives at 4.15 p.m. There's also a service from Kurseong to Darjeeling at 3 p.m, arriving at 8 p.m. In addition, during the tourist season there's a train from New Jalpaiguri to Kurseong at 8.30 a.m.
- Joyrides depart from Darjeeling daily at 10.40 a.m. and 1.20 p.m., and Siliguri Junction daily at 10.30 a.m. Each journey lasts for around two hours.
- Jungle Safari trains run on the weekends and public holidays. The trains depart from Siliguri at 11.15 a.m., with the return trip taking approximately five and a half hours.
Darjeeling Toy Train Cost:
Darjeeling Toy Train Reservations:
Here's how to make a reservation on the Indian Railways website. The station code for New Jalpaiguri is NJP, and Darjeeling DJ. For joyrides from Darjeeling you'll have to book with DJ as the "From" station and DJR as the "To" station.
Tickets for the Jungle Safari holiday trains are available at Siliguri Junction Station. Phone: (91) 353-2517246.