Bangalore Airport Name and Code:
Bangalore Airport Contact Information:
- (91)80 2354-0000 for Bangalore airport.
- (91)80 6678-2251/2255 for 24 hour general and flight inquiries.
Bangalore Airport Location:
Bangalore Airport Overview:
Bangalore is the third busiest airport in India, with over 10 million passengers a year. The airport is brand new and has been constructed by a private company. It opened in May 2008. For a new airport, it's quite disappointing and not as good as the new Hyderabad airport. Despite having much improved facilities, the main issue is that the airport is too small -- particularly the departures area and toilets. It's also located a long way from the city center. Another drawback is the costly user development fee that's levied.
Bangalore Airport User Development Fee:
Departing international passengers must pay a 1,070 rupee ($25) fee, and domestic passengers 260 rupees. This is incorporated into the ticket price.
Bangalore Airport Terminals:
Bangalore Airport Facilities:
- Free wireless internet is available in the terminal building, however users must get a password sent to their mobile phone.
- There's a separate access lane for passengers with special needs. Airlines will also provide wheelchair assistance.
- Porters can be hired to carry luggage.
- Money exchange counters and ATMs are provided.
- The terminal has a shopping area, with a number of shops and duty free outlets.
- There are also airline lounges and a sports bar.
Bangalore Airport Travel Time to City Center:
One to two hours, depending on time of day and traffic.
Bangalore Airport Transport:
Another option is to purchase private airport transfers.
Bangalore Airport Travel Tips:
Bangalore Airport Hotels:
The new Bangalore airport doesn't have any retiring rooms.
New branded hotels are being built to meet demand, but these will take a while to be completed. This guide to Bangalore airport hotels reveals the best options in the interim. Most of these are holiday resorts and clubs in the surrounding vicinity.