Panj Takht Darshan Journey Duration:
Panj Takht Darshan Route and Itinerary:
- Day One -- Delhi (7 p.m. departure from Safdarjung Railway Station to Amritsar).
- Day Two -- Amritsar. Sightseeing, and visits to Sri Akal Takht Sahib Ji and Sri Darbar Harmandir Sahib Ji (the Golden temple). Overnight stay at Amritsar. The highlight is spending New Year's Eve there.
- Day Three -- Sirhind. Sightseeing and then travel to Anandpur Sahib by road. Sightseeing of Anandpur Sahib Ji. Those departing from Amritsar join the tour on Day Three.
- Day Four -- Bhatinda. Sightseeing and lunch at Sri Damdama Sahib Ji.
- Day Five -- Arrival back in Delhi. Charter flight to Patna. Visit Patna Sahib. Charter flight to Nanded. Laser show at Hazoor Sahib Ji. Overnight stay in Nanded.
- Day Six -- Nanded. Visit Sri Hazur Sahib Ji. Flight from Aurangabad to Delhi. Overnight stay in Delhi.
- Day Seven -- Delhi. Visits to Bangla Sahib Ji and Sisganj Gurudwara. Those heading back to Amritsar depart Delhi by Shatabdi train or Volvo bus.
Panj Takht Darshan Features:
The Panj Takht Darshan uses carriages from a Rajdhani train. This is a fully air conditioned train offering two different classes of travel -- 1AC and 2AC. The train will seat 210 passengers, with 72 seats in the 1AC compartment and 138 seats in the 2AC compartment. Although you may see it advertized as a "luxury train", it's not. However, it's comfortable enough. Passengers are greeted with garlands, provided with all meals and accommodations (either on the train or in a hotel), transfers and sightseeing by AC coach, services of religious guides during visits to the gurudwaras, and flights to Patna and Nanded.
The Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will manage the operation of the train journey. However, Luxury Trains tour company will manage the logistics of the air travel in the second leg of the tour.
Panj Takht Darshan Cost and Classes of Travel:
For departures from Delhi, the cost is 90,000 rupees per person in 2AC and 100,001 rupees per person in 1AC. For departures from Amritsar, the cost is 88,050 rupees per person in 2AC and 97,500 rupees per person in 1AC.
If you're unsure about what the different classes of travel mean, this guide to accommodations on Indian Railways trains provides an explanation.
Panj Takht Darshan Reservations:
You can make a reservation for travel on the Panj Takht Darshan by visiting the Indian Railways Catering & Tourism Corporation's Rail Tourism website.
For more information, download this comprehensive Panj Takht Brochure.