If you want to save money traveling from Mumbai to Delhi, you can take the train and be there overnight in as little as 16 hours. Find out about the best trains from Mumbai to Delhi here.
- The main railway station in Delhi is New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS), near Paharganj.
- Trains from Mumbai also arrive in Delhi at the H Nizamuddin Railway Station, which is around 20 minutes from New Delhi Railway Station.
- The main railway station in Mumbai is the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus) near the Fort area of south Mumbai. Its code is CST. However, most trains to Delhi depart from Mumbai Central Railway Station (BCT), and Bandra Terminus in the western suburbs.
Mumbai Delhi Trains
- The fastest train from Mumbai to Delhi is the premium 2951 Mumbai Rajdhani. It departs Mumbai Central at 4.40 p.m. and arrives at New Delhi Railway Station at 8.30 a.m. the next morning. The fare in 1AC (first class, air conditioned, sleeper) is 3,305 rupees. 2A (two tier, air conditioned, sleeper) is 1,975 rupees. 3A (three tier, air conditioned, sleeper) is 1,495 rupees. The train runs every day, and meals are included.
- The premium 2953 AG Kranti Rajdhani from Mumbai Central to H Nizamuddin Railway Station is another relatively fast option. It departs at 5.40 p.m. and arrives at 10.50 a.m. the next morning. The fares are the same as the Mumbai Rajdhani train. The train also runs every day, and meals are included.
- A cheaper, but still fast, option is the 2909 NZM Garib Rath. Garib Rath trains are "poor chariot" trains, which have no frills three tier air conditioned sleepers. The trains are often quite new, and in good condition. This train departs Bandra Terminus at 4.55 p.m. and arrives at H Nizamuddin Railway Station at 9.50 a.m. the next morning. The fare is 667 rupees in 3A. The train only runs on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
- One more option is the 2925 Paschim Express, although it's a bit slower. The train departs Bandra Terminus at 11.35 a.m. and arrives at New Delhi Railway Station at 10.50 a.m. the next morning. It runs daily. The fare in 1AC is 2,559 rupees. 2A is 1,515 rupees. 3A is 1,109 rupees. SL (non air conditioned sleeper) is 414 rupees.
Other Mumbai to Delhi Trains
There are numerous other slower, less convenient sleeper trains that run from Mumbai to Delhi. These trains can be found by searching the Indian Railways website. For more information, see How to a Make Reservation on Indian Railway Trains.