If you want to save money traveling from Delhi to Mumbai, you can take the train and be there overnight in as little as 16 hours. Find out about the best trains from Delhi to Mumbai here.
- The main railway station in Delhi is New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS), near Paharganj.
- Trains to Mumbai also depart Delhi from H Nizamuddin Railway Station, which is around 20 minutes from New Delhi Railway Station.
- The main railway station in Mumbai is the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus) near the Fort area of south Mumbai. Its code is CST. Most trains from Delhi terminate at Mumbai Central (BCT). Some also terminate at Bandra Terminus, in the western suburbs.
Delhi Mumbai Trains
- The fastest train from Delhi to Mumbai is the premium 2952 Mumbai Rajdhani. It departs New Delhi Railway Station at 4.35 p.m. and arrives at Mumbai Central at 8.35 a.m. the next morning. The fare in 1AC (first class, air conditioned, sleeper) is 3,305 rupees. 2A (two tier, air conditioned, sleeper) is 1,975 rupees. 3A (three tier, air conditioned, sleeper) is 1,495 rupees. The train runs every day, and meals are included.
- The premium 2954 AG Kranti Rajdhani from H Nizamuddin Railway Station to Mumbai Central is another relatively fast option. It departs at 4.55 p.m. and arrives at 10.15 a.m. the next morning. The fares are the same as the Mumbai Rajdhani train. The train also runs every day, and meals are included.
- A cheaper, but still fast, option is the 2910 BDTS Garib Rath. Garib Rath trains are "poor chariot" trains, which have no frills three tier air conditioned sleepers. The trains are often quite new, and in good condition. This train departs H Nizamuddin Railway Station at 3.50 p.m. and arrives at Bandra Terminus at 8.05 a.m. the next morning. The fare is 667 rupees in 3A. The train only runs on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays.
- One more option is the 2926 Paschim Express, although it's a bit slower. The train departs New Delhi Railway Station at 4.55 p.m. and arrives at Bandra Terminus the next afternoon at 3.15 p.m. It runs daily. The fare in 1AC is 2,559 rupees. 2A is 1,515 rupees. 3A is 1,109 rupees. SL (non air conditioned sleeper) is 414 rupees.
Other Delhi to Mumbai Trains
There are numerous other slower, less convenient sleeper trains that run from Delhi to Mumbai. These trains can be found by searching the Indian Railways website. For more information, see How to a Make Reservation on Indian Railway Trains.