Traveling from Delhi to Jaipur by train is a quick and convenient option. The fastest trains complete the journey in around four and a half hours. Find out about the best trains from Delhi to Jaipur here.
- The main railway station in Delhi is New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS), near Paharganj.
- Trains to Jaipur also depart Delhi from Delhi Railway Station, which located near Chandhi Chowk in Old Delhi, and Delhi Sarai Rohilla Railway Station (DEE). This station is located in north Delhi, around five kilometers to the west of New Delhi Railway Station.
- The main railway station in Jaipur is Jaipur (JP).
Delhi Jaipur Trains: Morning
- The fastest and most convenient train from Delhi to Jaipur is the premium 2015 Ajmer Shatabdi. It departs New Delhi Railway Station at 6.05 a.m. and arrives at Jaipur at 10.45 a.m. the same day. The fare in 1AC (first class, seated, air conditioned) is 885 rupees. CC (chair car, seated, air conditioned) is 465 rupees. The train runs every day except Wednesday, and meals are included.
- Another fast morning train service that runs from Delhi to Jaipur is the 2994 BDTS Garib Rath. This is a cheaper option. Garib Rath trains are "poor chariot" trains, which have no frills three tier air conditioned sleepers. The trains are often quite new, and in good condition. The train leaves from Delhi S Rohilla Railway Station at 9.25 a.m. and arrives in Jaipur at 2 p.m. the same day. However, it only runs on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. The fare is 312 rupees in 3AC. Air conditioned CC (chair car) is 264 rupees (these seats are very cramped and uncomfortable though).
- Also in the morning, the 4311 Ala Hazrat Express mail train departs Delhi Station at 11.45 a.m. and arrives at Jaipur at 5.40 pm. the same day. The fare in 2A (two tier, air conditioned, sleeper) is 551 rupees. 3A (three tier, air conditioned, sleeper) is 404 rupees. SL (three tier, non air conditioned, sleeper) is 155 rupees. The train runs Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Delhi Jaipur Trains: Afternoon
- In the afternoon, the superfast 2916 Ashram Express departs Delhi Station daily at 3 p.m. It arrives in Jaipur at 8.25 p.m. The fare in 1A (first class, air conditioned, sleeper) is 969 rupees. 2A (two tier, air conditioned, sleeper) is 581 rupees. 3A (three tier, air conditioned, sleeper) is 434 rupees. SL (three tier, non air conditioned, sleeper) is 175 rupees.
- Also in the afternoon, the 5715 Garib Nawaj Express mail train departs Delhi at 1.40 p.m. and arrives in Jaipur at 7.15 p.m. It only runs on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays though. 3A (three tier, air conditioned, sleeper) is 404 rupees. SL (three tier, non air conditioned, sleeper) is 155 rupees.
- If you don't mind departing a bit later in the afternoon, the new 12986 Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Jaipur Double Decker AC train departs Delhi daily at 5.35 p.m. and reaches Jaipur at 10.05 p.m. This train is the fastest option. Travel time is four and a half hours. The fare is 327 rupees.
Other Delhi to Jaipur Trains
There are numerous other slower, less convenient sleeper trains that run from Delhi to Jaipur. These trains can be found by searching the Indian Railways website. For more information, see How to a Make Reservation on Indian Railway Trains.