The newly opened Aer bar could possibly be the best place to enjoy a sunset cocktail in Mumbai, at one of Mumbai's best luxury hotels -- the Four Seasons Worli. The bar's rooftop location on the 34th floor provides panoramic views of the city, and you really will feel like you're on top of the world. If this isn't enticing enough, champagne and cocktails are available for approximately half price from 5.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. each night. And of course, don't forget the music! Enjoy modern Indian lounge music, spun by a DJ. Despite Aer bar's dramatic appearance, the atmosphere there is relaxed and welcoming.
- Address: 114 Dr. E. Moses Road, Worli, Mumbai, Ph: (22) 2202-8700.
- Opening Hours: Daily, from 5.30 p.m. until 1.30 a.m.
Similar in concept and location to the Vie Deck and Lounge, this classy hidden away bar opens out onto a deck right on Juhu beach. It's difficult to find, but well worth the effort. Aurus is high on romance with seductive candles and mood lighting. Should you need further encouragement to get in the right mood, there's even a canopied four poster bed to drink and dine on. Inside, crystal chandeliers complete the picture. The world cuisine here is also worth trying. Friday night is party night, with top national and international DJs playing.
- Address: Ground Floor Nichani House, Juhu Tara Rd (next to Anita Dongre Showroom), Juhu, Mumbai. Ph: (22)6710-6666.
- Opening Hours: 8.30 p.m. until 1.30 a.m.
View, views, and more views are what you'll get at this sensuous and seductive rooftop bar. Come here to watch the sun set over the ocean, and linger on as stars and candles replace the fading sunlight in the open air lounge. Few places get to boast of such a beautiful setting. You'll enjoy the impressive selection of cocktails, wines, and cigars too. This bar is definitely for chilling out!
- Address: Level 11, InterContinental Hotel, 135 Marine Drive, Mumbai. Ph: (22)3987-9999.
- Opening Hours: 6 p.m. until 1.30 a.m.
This sleek and buzzing bar with a hugely international flavor could possibly be the best place to have a drink in Mumbai. Just be prepared for the huge hole it will leave in your wallet though! Bar tenders are internationally trained and enviably adept at preparing some of the most delicious and creative cocktails you'll ever taste. In addition to this, the bar is stocked with over 25 different vodkas from around the world, 40 brands of whiskey, and fine wines from 150 countries. Music also plays an important part of the experience on the weekend at Wink.
- Address: Taj President Hotel, 90 Cuffe Parade, Mumbai. Ph: (22) 6665-0808.
- Opening Hours: 6 p.m. until 1 a.m.
Opened in January 2010, Escobar has fast become one of Mumbai's hippest and most happening bars. It's not surprising because there is nothing ordinary about this nightspot -- starting with its name. It also claims to have the longest bar in India.
- Address: 199 V.N Sphere Mall, 4th Floor, Linking Road, Bandra West, Mumbai. Phone: (22) 427 60000.
- Opening Hours: 7.30 p.m. to 1.15 a.m. 7 days a week.
Looking for somewhere inexpensive and informal where you can relax and chill out? Mocha promotes itself as a coffee shop chain, but it's much more than that. Each outlet is decorated with warm tones and comfortable couches. You'll also find a good selection of wines that are very reasonably priced. The Juhu branch is the largest Mocha, and has a large outdoor area as well as an air conditioned interior. If you're looking for somewhere a little more conveniently located in south Mumbai, head to the Mocha in Churchgate, just around the corner from the train terminus.
- Address: Juhu Tara Road (opposite Juhu Beach), Juhu, Mumbai. Ph(22)2617-5495. 82 Veer Nariman Road, Chuchgate, Mumbai. Ph:(22)6633-6070.
- Opening Hours: 10 a.m. until 1.30 a.m.