Aer bar could possibly be the best place to enjoy a sunset cocktail in Mumbai, at one of Mumbai's best luxury hotels -- the Four Seasons Worli. The bar's rooftop location on the 34th floor provides panoramic views of the city, and you really will feel like you're on top of the world. If this isn't enticing enough, champagne and cocktails are available for approximately half price from 5.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. each night. And of course, don't forget the music! Enjoy modern Indian lounge music, spun by a DJ. Despite Aer bar's dramatic appearance, the atmosphere there is relaxed and welcoming.
- Address: 114 Dr. E. Moses Road, Worli, Mumbai, Ph: (22) 2202-8700.
- Opening Hours: Daily, from 5.30 p.m. until 1.30 a.m.
View, views, and more views are what you'll get at this sensuous and seductive rooftop bar. Come here to watch the sun set over the ocean, and linger on as stars and candles replace the fading sunlight in the open air lounge. Few places get to boast of such a beautiful setting. You'll enjoy the impressive selection of cocktails, wines, and cigars too. This bar is definitely for chilling out!
- Address: Level 11, InterContinental Hotel, 135 Marine Drive, Mumbai. Ph: (22)3987-9999.
- Opening Hours: 6 p.m. until 1.30 a.m.
Classy and hidden away, Aurus opens out onto a deck right on Juhu beach. It's difficult to find, but well worth the effort. This bar is high on romance with seductive candles and mood lighting. Should you need further encouragement to get in the right mood, there's even a canopied four poster bed to drink and dine on. Inside, crystal chandeliers complete the picture. The world cuisine here is also worth trying. Friday night is party night, with top national and international DJs playing.
- Address: Ground Floor Nichani House, Juhu Tara Rd (next to Anita Dongre Showroom), Juhu, Mumbai. Ph: (22)6710-6666.
- Opening Hours: 8.30 p.m. until 1.30 a.m.
Named after an endangered ape that lives in the heart of the Congo, this laid back but hip jungle themed bar has a fabulous cocktail list, outdoor rooftop dining area, and indoor air conditioned lounge area where a DJ spins tunes. It's one of the most popular bars in fashionable Bandra, and attracts an eclectic arty crowd that's a blend of locals and foreigners.
- Address: Behind KFC, off Linking Road, Bandra, Mumbai. Ph:(22) 2605-5050, 2605-5353.
- Opening Hours: Noon until 1.30 a.m.
If you want to blend with the beautiful people of Mumbai, don't miss Thursday's Bar Nights at iconic Olive (which has been in the business for over 10 years now!). Mediterranean themed and and beautifully decorated in white, it's part outdoor courtyard and part indoor dining. (Note: Olive is also one of the best places in Mumbai for Sunday brunch!).
- Address: Pali Hill Hotel, 14 Union Park, Khar West, Mumbai. (Behind Cafe Coffee Day, off Carter Road). Phone: (22) 4340-8228.
- Opening Hours: 7.30 p.m. to 1.30 a.m.
This sleek and buzzing bar with a hugely international flavor could possibly be the best place to have a drink in Mumbai. Just be prepared for the huge hole it will leave in your wallet though! Bar tenders are internationally trained and enviably adept at preparing some of the most delicious and creative cocktails you'll ever taste. In addition to this, the bar is stocked with over 25 different vodkas from around the world, 40 brands of whiskey, and fine wines from 150 countries. Music also plays an important part of the experience on the weekend at Wink.
- Address: Taj President Hotel, 90 Cuffe Parade, Mumbai. Ph: (22) 6665-0808.
- Opening Hours: 6 p.m. until 1 a.m.