The Bottom Line
- Stays open until the sun comes up.
- Huge outdoor area.
- Offers all kinds of entertainment, including live music and DJs.
- Also open during the monsoon season.
- The sunset lounge isn't open every day.
- 245/18 Baga Beach Road (opposite Casa Baga), Baga Beach, Bardez, North Goa. Phone: 9373787778.
- Open for lunch from 1 p.m. to 3.30 p.m. Dinner from 7.30 p.m. onwards. Drinks 1 p.m. until early morning.
- Serves tropical cuisine and cocktails from around the world.
- Large comfortable couches to relax in.
- Sunset lounge open on Sundays.
- Special events and music most nights.
- Entry charge 600-1,000 rupees ($12-30) depending on the event.
Guide Review - Review of Loungefly Baga Beach Goa
Looking at the lavish Loungefly, its hard to believe that a grassy, snake infested sand dune behind Baga Beach could metamorphize into such a spectacular creation. Its owner certainly didn't lack inspiration in getting the full potential out of this elongated 32,000 square foot block of land.
Loungefly has been specifically designed as a space where people can interact. Its bar is said to be the longest in Goa, and has been cleverly placed towards the bottom of the slope. This makes it easy to see who's amongst the crowd when you enter from above.
The top of the slope is occupied by a towering 24 foot high sunset viewing lounge, while to the side, an enclosed disco room was built in late 2007 to get around Goa's sound restrictions. There's no need to come early, and most people don't, as the party now continues until dawn.
However, Loungefly's most captivating feature is its stage, framed by an eye-catching white wall with a door that hints of mystery. The addition of wrought iron candelabras gives it a holy feeling.
It doesn't stop there though, plans are underway to open a sports cafe below the sunset lounge by April 2009.
Loungefly attracts a diverse and international crowd, which helps keep the vibe lively and interesting. Things really kick off after midnight though, when the party crowd starts pouring in.
As far as entertainment goes, there isn't much that Loungefly doesn't offer. When I was there, a live band was playing some serenading easy listening music outdoors, while the indoor disco room was rocking to the tunes of one of India's best DJs. There was even a guy dancing on a unicycle, to add to the performance. Apparently a fashion show, using the bar as a runway, was to take place in a couple of days time. Unfortunately, I needed some rest and relaxation by then. Definitey next time though!