There are a couple of ways to get tickets to the Parade. Front row passes can be obtained from VIPs in Delhi, if you happen to know any. Otherwise, you'll have to buy your tickets.
Tickets for the India Republic Day Parade are on sale from January 10 to January 25 every year, from the following outlets:
Republic Day Parade Ticket Outlets
- India Tourism Development Corporation (IDTC) Travel Counters at Ashok and Janpath Hotels. (Working days only).
- Delhi Tourism Development Corporation (DTDC) Counters at Coffee Home, Baba Kharag Singh Marg and Food and Craft Bazar, Dilli Haat, opposite INA Market and Shri Gandhi Ashram, Chandni Chowk. (Working days only).
- Departmental Sale Counters at North Block roundabout, South Block roundabout, Pragati Maidan (Gate No. 1, Bhairon Road), Jantar Mantar (Main Gate), Shastri Bhawan (near Gate No. 1), India Gate (near Jamnagar House), Red Fort (near police picket). (10 a.m. until 5.30 p.m. daily).
- Parliament House Reception Office. (11 a.m. until 4 p.m. Saturday/Sunday/Holiday closed).
- Government of India Tourist Office, 88 Janpath. (Closed Sunday).
Note: The ticket counters at Jantar Mantar, South Block roundabout, Shashtri Bhawan, and India Gate will be open for an additional two hours, until 7.30 p.m., from January 23 to January 25, 2014.
The Republic Day Parade is followed up by a Beating of the Retreat Ceremony in the afternoon on January 29 each year. Tickets are also available for this event at the above outlets.
2014 Ticket Prices
- Republic Day Parade -- 300 rupees and 150 rupees for reserved seats. 50 rupees and 10 rupees for unreserved seats.
- Beating Retreat Ceremony (Full Dress Rehearsal) -- 50 rupees and 20 rupees. All seats are unreserved.