New Delhi Airport Overview:
New Delhi Airport Name and Code:
New Delhi Airport Contact Information:
- Customer care number: + 91 124 3376000.
- Website: www.newdelhiairport.in
New Delhi Airport Location:
New Delhi Airport Travel Time to City Center:
45 minutes to one hour during normal traffic. The road to the airport becomes very congested during peak hours.
New Delhi Airport Fees:
- From March 1, 2009, departing international passengers must pay a 1,300 rupee ($28) Airport Development Fee, and domestic passengers 200 rupees ($5). This was reduced by 50% from January 1, 2013.
- From May 15, 2012, departing and arriving passengers must also pay a User Development Fee based on distance traveled. For departing international passengers it ranges between 534 rupees and 1,068 rupees. For arriving international passengers, it ranges between 436 rupees and 881 rupees. The fee for departing domestic passengers ranges from 231 rupees to 462 rupees. For arriving domestic passengers, it's 196 rupees to 392 rupees. These charges will increase in 2013.
New Delhi Airport Terminals:
The following terminals are in use at New Delhi Airport:
- Terminal 1C -- Stand-alone low cost carrier domestic arrivals. (GoAir, Indigo, Spice-Jet and Paramount).
- Terminal 1D -- Stand-alone low cost carrier domestic departures. (GoAir, Indigo, Spice-Jet and Paramount).
- Terminal T3 -- International and domestic flights (with the exception of low cost carriers listed above).This new terminal is located near the old T2 international terminal.
New Delhi Airport Facilities:
- The new Terminal 3 is world class and has 68 check-in counters, 49 immigration desks, 50 immigration desks, 78 aerobridges, 92 automatic walkways (travelators), business centers, and shopping mall.
- Due to security threats, luggage storage facilities have been suspended at the airport.
- Wireless internet is available in all terminals.
- Passengers with special needs such as wheelchairs are catered for by reserved parking slots, ramps, and bathrooms. Wheelchairs and attendants are available inside the terminals.
- Money exchange counters and ATMs are inside the terminals.
Delhi Airport Transport:
New Delhi Airport Travel Tips:
- During winter, from December until February, New Delhi airport is often badly affected by fog. The problem is usually the worst in the early mornings and evenings, although at times blankets of fog will remain for days. Anyone traveling during this time should be prepared for flight delays and cancellations.
- Transfer from Terminals 1C and 1D (stand-alone domestic low cost carrier arrivals and departures) to Terminal T3 (other domestic and international arrivals and departures) is along National Highway 8, so do leave plenty of traveling time (around 60 minutes) when making plans. A free courtesy bus is available.