1. Travel
Sharell Cook

Indian Visa on Arrival Extended to France, Germany and Russia

By May 8, 2012

Good news for citizens of France, Germany and Russia. According to this news report, India has decided to extend its Visa on Arrival facility to these three countries.   Although the Ministry of Home Affairs has approved the extension, it still needs the clearance of the Bureau of Immigration before it is implemented.

Apparently, number of other countries are also being considered for the facility, including Malaysia, Thailand, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Brazil and South Africa.

Find out more about Indian tourist visas on arrival, including eligibility and where to get them from.

Have you obtained a visa on arrival in India? What was your experience like? Share it with us here.

More About Indian Visas:

Comments
September 26, 2012 at 7:43 am
(1) Anirban says:

Hello Sharell. Does this mean that Indians will get the same facility in France, Germany and Russia at some point? How would they enforce something like that within the Schengen zone?

September 26, 2012 at 2:16 pm
(2) goindia says:

Hi Anirban, I don’t know about that. Unfortunately, I doubt it. :-(

September 29, 2012 at 11:51 am
(3) Anirban says:

They should at least do it for Russia. Its really difficult to get a tourist visa for Russia.

October 10, 2012 at 10:16 pm
(4) Lindi says:

I am French and am very happy about this “new” regulation. BUT I can not find any official page which confirm that French can get now a visa on arrival in India. Even the web site of the embassy. Can you help me ?

October 11, 2012 at 1:08 am
(5) goindia says:

Hi Lindi, it seems that although it’s apparently been approved by the Ministry of Home Affair, it hasn’t been cleared by the Bureau of Immigration and implemented yet. Yes, in India, some things take a ridiculous amount of time unfortunately. :-(

January 4, 2013 at 9:15 pm
(6) tata young says:

Are there any facilities about on arrival visa for Indian citizens in france?

April 25, 2014 at 1:25 pm
(7) Alex says:

Hello I’m french and visit india every year. visa on arrivals for french in india should be effective for next tourist season, One travel agent in goa told me maybe januray 1st 2015. Indian will not get visa on arrival in france for obvious reason, immigration. They decided to do it