1. Travel
Sharell Cook

Indian Visas on Arrival for 5 More Countries

By January 3, 2011

The Indian Government has extended its Visa on Arrival Scheme to five more countries. Citizens of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries Cambodia, Philippines, Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar can now also get visas on arrival in India.

The visas, which are single entry Tourist visas valid for 30 days, are issued at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata airports.

Apparently the extension of the Visa on Arrival Scheme, which came into effect on January 1, 2011, is aimed at attracting Buddhist pilgrims to India. The Indian government operates a special Buddhist tourist train that connects the Buddhist pilgrimage sites, including Bodh Gaya and a day trip to Lumbini in Nepal where the Buddha was born.

More About Indian Visas:

Comments
June 24, 2012 at 4:08 am
(1) Dann says:

I am a Philippine Passport Holder and plans to visit Goa. As per my understanding, we are eligible to visit India, with Visa Upon Arrival.

Since the scheme, is not applicable yet to the Goa Airport, does this mean that we still have to apply for it?

June 24, 2012 at 8:35 am
(2) goindia says:

Hi Dann, yes, if you fly into Goa airport, you’ll need to have obtained your visa before coming to India.

June 29, 2012 at 4:44 am
(3) Alok says:

However, you can opt to first come to one of the 4 major Airports, get a visa on arrival and then make an inland journey to Goa.. I believe there are no direct flights to Goa from Philippines anyway.

June 30, 2012 at 12:12 pm
(4) Jess says:

My friend is in Doha and planning to visit Bangalore. But he do not have Indian visa. Can he obtain the visa on arrival? He is a Malaysian.

June 30, 2012 at 1:22 pm
(5) goindia says:

Unfortunately, no he can’t. The visa on arrival scheme isn’t offered to Malaysians as of yet. It’s also not available at Bangalore airport.

August 7, 2012 at 1:34 am
(6) Joyce says:

Hi. I am a Philippine citizen and is planning to go to India for vacation. Is it hard to get a visa on arrival at Mumbai?

September 17, 2012 at 10:22 am
(7) yash says:

Hello! I’m a Philippines passport holder I’m planning to travel from Dubai to Indian may I know my status how can I travel this situation.Please advice because I don’t have any idea about this visa. Thank You.

September 18, 2012 at 3:22 am
(8) goindia says:

Hi Yash, you can get a visa on arrival in India if you fly into Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai or Kolkata. More information here: http://goindia.about.com/od/visas/qt/Indian-Tourist-Visa-On-Arrival.htm

February 2, 2013 at 11:12 pm
(9) Noor Fadzilah says:

Hi,
I am a Malaysian and I am going to India (Chennai) on 13/2/2013 for 4 days. Do I need to apply a visa? Could I just get a visa / pass at the airport in Chennai?

March 1, 2013 at 8:04 pm
(10) zuny antunez says:

I am Honduran citizen….do I need visa? where can I apply for the visa?