Intercontinental Marine Drive, Mumbai.
Where did the year go? Incredibly, 2010 is almost over so let's take a look at how to welcome in 2011 in Mumbai. New Year's Eve parties in Mumbai tend to be lavish and costly themed affairs, so be prepared to fork out plenty of rupees to party. However, you'll usually get unlimited food and alcohol included in the price.
Here are 5 places to bring in the new year in a memorable way.
- For a magical view over Marine Drive and poolside live contemporary Jazz, head to Dome for a Greek extravaganza. Titled Mykonos at Midnight, the party also offers champagne cocktails, martinis, Mediterranean food, DJ, and champagne breakfast. It will set you back 9,500 rupees per person.
- If you're feeling reflective and are in the mood for retro, Blue Frog in Lower Parel is where you should be. They're throwing a special retro party with some of the city's top musicians. It will cost you 6,000 rupees (standing) and 9,000 rupees (seating at a table) for couples. Unlimited champagne and cocktails, as well as Shawarma counter and an oyster bar, are included.
- Lovers of fine Chinese cuisine should make their way to the newly opened and very hip Balthazar in Juhu, for an intimate NYE party. Themed Dionysus, after the Greek God of wine and revelry, the party offers rare cocktails, fine south Asian cuisine including 25 kinds of specially crafted dim sum, opulent environment, and DJ. All for the cost of 6,000 rupees a couple. Ph: 9167009486/87.
- To celebrate NYE in an exclusive club environment, one of the best options is Tryst at Phoenix Mills. This newest, and ultra modern, club on the block caters to Mumbai's beautiful people. The party is being hosted by UK company Voodoo Entertainment. Tickets can be purchased from their website. Prices start from around 4,000 rupees per person. Veg and non-veg starters and premium alcohol included. Ph: (22) 6661 4365/66.
- Blue Sea at Worli Seaface is throwing an elaborate Spanish themed bash, with six course Spanish meal and unlimited alcohol (such as Spanish wine) for 7,000 rupees per couple. Salsa dancing and fireworks included! Ph: 9167647122/33 or 9820216009, 9820569843.
Or if you'd prefer to get out of Mumbai for New Year's Eve, one appealing option for wine lovers is the party at York Winery in Nashik. You'll get unlimited food, wine, DJ, and overnight stay in a hotel for 5,555 rupees per couple. More information is available from the Black Grape Holidays website.
More About Mumbai Nightlife:
- 6 Unforgettable Mumbai Bars
- Top 5 Mumbai Live Music Venues
- 6 Popular Mumbai Hangouts with Cheap Beer