1. Travel
Sharell Cook

Go on a Nashik Winery Tour with Black Grape Holidays

By January 5, 2010

Sula Vineyards, Nashik.
Sula Vineyards, Nashik.
Sharell Cook.

The vineyards of Nashik, around four hours from Mumbai, offer a wonderful weekend break or short trip away for anyone with an interest in wine. I visited Sula Vineyards last year and enjoyed it immensely.

A wine enthusiast friend of mine, who's greatly involved in the industry, has started running vineyard tours to Nashik from Pune and Mumbai. These well organized tours cater to small groups of 2-6 people, and make visiting the wineries a breeze.

The tours depart Saturday mornings and return on Sunday afternoons. Door to door transport, one night's accommodation, visits to three vineyards, and wine tastings are included in the cost. Prices start from 2,225 rupees ($48) per person for a group of six, staying in a budget hotel. If you want to take your own car, this price is reduced to 1,262 rupees ($27) per person.

More information is available from the Black Grape Holidays website.

More About Wine in India:

Comments
January 14, 2010 at 6:27 am
(1) Rolf says:

ATTN. Sharell – Grape Escapade dates on your site are wrong.

January 14, 2010 at 10:33 am
(2) goindia says:

They are too! Thanks so much for pointing that out. I’ve made the correction. :-)

October 14, 2010 at 6:11 am
(3) Binti Sandhu says:

This is nice information..! As a wine enthusiast, Iím curious to learn how the appearance, colour and flavour of every wine combine to reveal a story so i had been to Nashik with my friends and visited the Zampa vineyard..It waz a great exerience..! I’d love to go there with my family too…
Does your friend organize to go to the Zampa Vineyards at Sanjegaon as well..?

October 17, 2010 at 2:15 pm
(4) goindia says:

Hi Binti, great to come across another person who loves wine! I’m sure a tour like that could be arranged. Best to get in touch with him through the website.

February 10, 2011 at 6:05 am
(5) Ani says:

Hi Sharell,can you give me any idea about the wine tour called ‘vineyard discovery’ ,so that I can compare among and choose my package ..

February 11, 2011 at 3:59 am
(6) goindia says:

Hi Ani, most wine tours are similar in the vineyards they visit. All will go to Sula and York (and many to Zampa). The main difference will be in the accommodations. The itinerary doesn’t state what class hotel participants will be staying in. I also note that it’s a group tour. Are they providing transport to and from Nashik as well? That bit is unclear from the itinerary. One other thing to consider is this tour will be taking you to York winery on the date of the festival there, which is great. You’ll need to check if the other tours are also visiting the festival. Hope this helps!

February 16, 2011 at 7:59 am
(7) Crypticarc says:

Hi!

This is very informative! I am a wine enthusiast and based at Pune for 3 months on deputation. I must make the most of it! The only problem is I will all by myself! Nontheless my motto shall be “Lesser the merrier”!
I checked Black Grapes Holidays; is that your friends?
I am a single traveller so do you think I will get more options?
Thanks!